IRS OWES ME MONEY ” where is my refund?”

IRS OWES ME MONEY ” where is my refund?”

Posted on by

Does the IRS Owe You Money?

The Internal Revenue Service may have money for you. Was your income below the limit that requires you to file a tax return? If so, you may still be due a refund.

If you have not filed a prior year tax return and are due a refund, you should consider filing the return to claim that refund. If you are missing a refund for a previously filed tax return, you should contact the IRS to check the status of your refund and confirm your current address.

Unclaimed Refunds

Some people may have had taxes withheld from their wages but were not required to file a tax return because they had too little income. Others may not have had any tax withheld but would be eligible for the refundable Earned Income Tax Credit.

To collect this money a return must be filed with the IRS no later than three years from the due date of the return.
If no return is filed to claim the refund within three years, the money becomes the property of the U.S. Treasury.
There is no penalty assessed by the IRS for filing a late return qualifying for a refund.
Current and prior year tax forms and instructions are available on the Forms and Publications page of or by calling 800-TAX-FORM (800-829-3676).
Information about the Earned Income Tax Credit and how to claim it is also available on
Undeliverable Refunds

Were you expecting a refund check but didn’t get it?

Refund checks are mailed to your last known address. Checks are returned to the IRS if you move without notifying the IRS or the U.S. Postal Service.
You may be able to update your address with the IRS on the ?Where?s My Refund?? feature available on You will be prompted to provide an updated address if there is an undeliverable check outstanding within the last 12 months.
You can also ensure the IRS has your correct address by filing Form 8822, Change of Address, which is available on or can be ordered by calling 800-TAX-FORM (800-829-3676).
If you do not have access to the Internet and think you may be missing a refund, you should first check your records or contact your tax preparer. If your refund information appears correct, call the IRS toll-free assistance line at 800-829-1040 to check the status of your refund and confirm your address.

Call Fresh Start Tax   1-866-700-1040    www.freshstarttax     Free video conferencing available

This entry was posted in IRS Tax Advice and tagged IRS. Bookmark the permalink.
  • Very informative. I sure will bear these in mind when filing for this year. Thanks

  • D D MATA

    Senior landsman

    I own property clearing along on the 170 acres more or less, I uncovered the
    misdeed by Houston Exploration and Monte Cristo, by forgery unofficial Oil and Gas lease, [OIL, GAS
    AND MINERAL LEASE]. And under my knowledge and understanding and by research experts of
    while collar crime.I Pertinent to my Rights and Responsibilities Regarding this discovery. I wish to
    bring this possible find to the attention of the involved for foreign transactions of oil and gas production on such lands, by investment fraud. With I identify the entity that relate to measuring action of method surreptitiously.

  • Fred Elison

    The people who work for the IRS
    are people like everyone but the technology of the method of Applying Computer
    with technical knowledge. But you inform, and with just a button you will say
    that’s what you were doing in 20 years ago, and the Second World War II was won
    by a computer ________ but like you said the people working with the IRS does
    not have enough capacity but has the ability to steal. The Corruptions start by the leaders of a
    flagpole nation, and one of your neighbors.

  • Fred Elison

    of a crime endowed by the authorities;

    What I’m commenting is to
    respect that I am not for or against the current issues. Rather my argument
    that was the facts to obtain command and manipulation, not if the government of
    this state or by a individual,. But I am
    sure that cheated on his own and formed an organization for which I am on the
    point that these will be in a dispute of interest will want by various
    opinions, federal and groups of states, they will be dissatisfied by the facts
    of capital will have to disappear from bank accounts. Or estates of monies that
    are under trusts, and estates will have to give it to the economy of state and these
    towns. As money paid to government taxes and they are founded on a commitment
    to non official capital that charge paid by members. As charge tax on as a
    company or persons income. As well as determine costs of litigation. As a
    harmful for many that ever been prepared for such acts as others activities
    unofficial by courts Matter fact, others have been affected and disappointed to
    detach from income on the near future. As others have been terminated or
    otherwise affected them to such acts’ but I want to provide that was
    not my intention, I never thought of doing such acts, for which I’m not aware
    I’m doing nothing but a theory if I’m given a process by the federal government
    or maybe not, with I don’t have the knowledge, but how they are acting and
    hiding confirms that something serious going-on. Or going to occur …by
    established system unto legally recognized.

  • Contact Us

    We are here to help!

    • Should be Empty:

Call We Can Solve Your Tax Problem Immediately!

Member Of NSA, FICPA, NAEA, Better Business Bureau Accredited Business

: Home: The Firm: Tax Solutions: FAQs: Testimonials: Media Center: Press Releases: IRS Forms: Blog: Contact:
: Site Map: Privacy Policy:

: Immediate Representation: Received IRS Letter: Remove IRS Wage Garnishment: Remove IRS Bank Levy: Installment Agreements:
: Release Tax Liens: Unfiled Tax Returns: Negotiate Offer in Compromise: Innocent Spouse: Settle Payroll Liability / 941:
: Apply for Hardship Status: Large Dollar Cases: 165 Theft Loss Tax Deduction: Owe 401k IRS Taxes: Christian Tax Professionals:
: IRS Tax Audit: Florida Sales Tax Problems: Florida Tax Attorney: Income Tax Return Preparation:


Disclaimer: No Rendering of Advice - The information contained within this website is provided for informational purposes only and is not intended to
substitute for obtaining accounting, tax, or financial advice from a professional accountant. Presentation of the information via the Internet is not intended
to create, and receipt does not constitute, an accountant-client relationship. Internet subscribers, users and online readers are advised not to act upon this
information without seeking the service of a professional accountant. Any U.S. federal tax advice contained in this website is not intended to be used for
the purpose of avoiding penalties under U.S. federal tax law.

Accuracy of Information - While we use reasonable efforts to furnish accurate and up-to-date information, we do not warrant that any information
contained in or made available through this website is accurate, complete, reliable, current or error-free. We assume no liability or responsibility for any
errors or omissions in the content of this website or such other materials or communications. Call Fresh Start Tax at 954-492-0088.

Disclaimer of Warranties and Limitations of Liability - This website is provided on an "as is" and "as available" basis. Use of this website is at your own risk.
We and our suppliers disclaim all warranties. Neither we nor our suppliers shall be liable for any damages of any kind with the use of this website.

Links to Third Party Websites - For your convenience, this website may contain hyperlinks to websites and servers maintained by third parties. We do not
control, evaluate, endorse or guarantee content found in those sites. We do not assume any responsibility or liability for the actions, products, services and
content of these sites or the parties that operate them. Your use of such sites is entirely at your own risk.

Frank Andreacchi, Ed Vecchio and Scott Szaro are no longer with the company and are pictured on our site.

*Mr. Sullivan has been in private practice since 1982 in South Florida which gave roots to Fresh Start Tax LLC.
The firm began as Sullivan & Powell PA and through the years transitioned to its now current form.

© 2018 Fresh Start Tax : All Rights Reserved :