Florida’s Tax Amnesty Program
July 2, 2010
Florida’s Tax Amnesty Program – Call us at Fresh Start Tax to apply 1-866-700-1040 – Reduce your Bill today!
Who is eligible?
You and your business are eligible if your liability for tax, penalty, or interest was due before July 1, 2010 and:
- You complete a Tax Amnesty Agreement.
- Your liability is not already covered by a settlement or payment agreement.
- You are not under criminal investigation, indictment, information, or prosecution regarding a Florida revenue law.
- You are not under a pretrial intervention or diversion program, probation, community control, or in a work camp, jail, state prison, or another correctional system regarding a Florida revenue law.
What taxes are eligible?
All taxes administered by the Department of Revenue are eligible, except unemployment tax and Miami-Dade County Lake Belt Fees. See a list of all eligible taxes.
List of eligible taxes
- Communications services
- Corporate income and emergency excise tax
- Documentary stamp
- Fuel taxes (including local option taxes)
- Governmental leasehold intangible personal property tax
- Gross receipts tax on utility services
- Insurance premium taxes, surcharges, and fees
- Local option tourist development taxes administered by DOR and counties that self-administer tourist development taxes that have opted into the amnesty program
- Motor vehicle warranty fee (“lemon law”)
- Nonrecurring intangible personal property tax
- Pollutants taxes
- Sales and use tax (including discretionary sales surtaxes)
- Severance taxes (gas and sulfur, oil production, solid minerals)
- Solid waste and surcharge fees (rental car surcharge, tire and battery fees, gross receipts tax on dry cleaning)
You must submit a Tax Amnesty Agreement (online or paper form) by September 30, 2010. (Agreement will be available July 1.)
The fastest and easiest way to apply for amnesty is to do it online. You will receive an amnesty agreement number once you have submitted all the required information. If you do not complete the agreement online, be sure to fill out a paper Tax Amnesty Agreement (Form DR-100000) and mail it to:
Florida Department of Revenue
Post Office Box 5138
Tallahassee FL 32314-5138
You must complete a Tax Amnesty Agreement to participate!
Call us at Fresh Start Tax and we can help you through this program 1-866-700-1040
← IRS provides help for Oil Spill Victims IRS sticks it to the Tanning Services Industry and the consumer, what a rip!!! →
This entry was posted in Tax News
and tagged Tax Amnesty
. Bookmark the permalink